Thursday, April 3, 2014

First Comes Love....

First comes love.... Then comes a bridal shower!

  My friend Kala is getting married in June, and just had her bridal shower. I always have this fear of getting someone a gift, and someone else at the party had gotten the exact gift. Which is why I try to be creative and make something, that way I can add my own personal touch to it. I searched and searched Pinterest for something that would fit her breezy personality, the finally I decided on a wine basket of 1st's .  I took the idea and went with it, I found 6 wine bottles with labels that would fit her personality. Then I found the cutest burlap basket at TJ Maxx, except it was a just a little plain.

I found a "W" cut-out, pinned it on the burlap basket, then painted inside the cut-out. Then I picked up 5 wines and 1 one sparkling grape juice. Her wedding colors are teal, and luckily at Hobby Lobby (I love that store) I found some teal tissue paper.

 
sorry about the terrible image lighting

Now it was time to put together the basket. On a piece of construction paper I wrote out a poem that correlated with the tag and the wine.
Here is the link where I found some of the poems http://theglorifiedtomato.com/2012/05/15/for-the-newlyweds-who-love-wine-bridal-shower-wine-basket/  ; the others I just made up!

I wrote a poem that had some of my personality, some of her personality and it described the card (1st Fight). I then punched a hole in the left corner, cut a piece of twine and tied it through the tag to attach to the top of the wine bottles.

1. Sparkling Grape Juice - 1st Baby
2. Relax - 1st Night after Wedding Shenanigans  ( Weddings can be the happiest time of your life but the most stressful time of planning)
3. Sutter Home - 1st House
4. Mad Housewife - 1st Girls Night ....as a married woman
5. Lucky Tail - 1st Fight
6. **Can't Remember the name of the wine ** - 1st Anniversary

Other labels you could use:
     1st Dinner Party
     1st Christmas
     1st Holiday
     1st Thanksgiving
     1st Holiday as the family Host
     Honeymoon

When you don't know what to get someone, MAKE IT PERSONAL!

Here is how the Final Product Turned Out!!





No comments:

Post a Comment