Friday, April 11, 2014

Window Transformation

I found this old window at an antique store in Cameron, Mo. It has been in my office/craft room for over 4 months now. I have had many ideas of what I wanted to do with it, but then I would change my mind. I was originally going to put a large picture behind it and hang it about our fireplace. I don't know if it just wasn't the right picture or if I just didn't like it anymore but that idea failed, and I put the picture in a regular frame. Then I was going to put burlap behind it and put a vinyl saying on it with hooks, well I decided I didn't like that idea. Then I found a cute pin on pinterest and started working on a new window project!


The Wine Window





WHAT YOU WILL NEED: 


1 window 
2-3 empty wine bottles 
twine 
2-3 nails or hooks 
2-3 stemmed flowers
burlap (optional) 

Step 1:  Find an old window
     It can be any type of window the picture shows one with two middle beams, I am just using one with one middle beam so there will only be two wine bottles.
I kept trying to take the picture with some color in the background but the dogs would just not let me!  

You can paint it and distress it or you could leave as is (what I did).

Step 2:  Drink Wine
    I drank two bottles of wine ( not in one sitting) and I used the same wine so the bottles would be the exact same.
** Keep the corks, there are a ton of great things you can use them for.

After the bottles were empty I washed them out and soaked them in hot water to take off the paper labels.



Step 3: Clothing your Wine Bottles
 I hot glued burlap all around the center of the bottles.


 I found the flowers at Hobby Lobby for 2.99$ each but they were 50% off SCORE! I just cut the leaves off and I had to cut a little off the bottom of the stem so the flower would sit right on top of the bottle.





Step 4:  Decide How to Hang the Wine Bottles
     There are two ways I could think of to do this

  1. You could nail the twine down  ( what I chose to do) 
  2. You could hang a hook and hook the twine 

I found these hooks you can just screw into the wood. 
I then took the twine and looped it through the hook. 

I made a double knot at the rim of the bottle top

Step 5:  Add Your Flowers and Hang
   





Sorry about the plain room and walls the room was under construction last week and we just finished it up!

I have not quite decided where I want to hang it but I am very excite to get it hung up, I absolutely love the "wine window" and I think it turned out great!  




No comments:

Post a Comment